1. Personal Data
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) 2018.
2. Data Controller
Healing with Animals is a not-for-profit body with an educational and healing aim. Its website (www.asentiaanimalhealing.co.uk) based at Rapkyns Old Stables, Guildford Road, Broadbridge Heath, West Sussex, RH12 3PQ.is owned and operated by Sue Newport and uses Wix.com who state they are GDPR compliant.
3. How I collect information
We may collect information in the following ways:
· When you sign up for membership/subscription
· If you register for a workshop and/or events
· If you contact me with enquiries and comments
· Through my use of Google Analytics cookies (please see the cookies section below)
4. What I collect
If you take one of the steps mentioned above, I may collect and process personal information about you such as:
· Name and contact information including email address
· Records of your correspondence if you have contacted HWA
5. Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet my contractual obligations when explicit consent of the data subject has been given and legitimate interest to respond to enquiries concerning the services provided by HWA.
6. What I do with the information I gather
I use this information for:
· Internal administration e.g. maintaining membership, workshop, course or events lists
· Responding to your enquiries via email or telephone contact
· Periodically sending emails or newsletters about news, events, or other information which I believe may be of interest to you.
7. Controlling your personal information
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be shared or transferred out of the E.U.
You can ask to be removed from my emailing list by emailing or phoning HWA using the contact details provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
I may use your personal information to send you information about third parties which I think you may find interesting if you tell me that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information I am holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, or write to me at Healing with Animals, Rapkyns Old Stables, Guildford Road, Broadbridge Heath, West Sussex, RH12 3PQ. I will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the
9. How long do I keep data?
Full member: name, address, telephone number and email addresses - 24 months after membership is deemed to have lapsed.
Subscribers to Free Membership or Newsletters: name and email address - 2 years or until you unsubscribe or emails bounce back as ‘not delivered’.
Personal data relating to workshops, courses and events - 24 months after applying for or enquiring about an event.
10. Your rights and your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
· Right of access to request a copy of the information that I hold about you.
· Right of rectification to correct data that I hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
· Right to restriction of processing where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
· Right to be forgotten. You can ask for the data I hold about you to be erased from my records where it is no longer necessary for HWA to retain such data.
· Right of portability – you have the right to have the data I hold about you transferred to another organisation.
· The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
· The right to object to the processing of personal data.
· The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
HWA will respond to requests, for details of personal data held, within 1 month and will ask you to provide information to confirm your identity. All requests should be made to
email@example.com or by phoning +44 (0)1403 250269 or writing to me at the address further below.
12. Your rights
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact Healing with Animals at the address at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Should you require further information regarding your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
You can opt-out at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “unsubscribe” or via the unsubscribe link in the footer of my email.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to HWA processing your personal data for the purposes outlined.
You can withdraw consent at any time by using the postal, email address or telephone number provided below.
14. Contact Details
Healing with Animals, Rapkyns Old Stables, Guildford Road,
Broadbridge Heath, West Sussex, RH12 3PQ